The organization must not use digital certificates with a validity of more than two years.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-295. Improper certificate validation
- CWE™-298. Improper validation of certificate expiration
- CWE™-299. Improper check for certificate revocation
- PTES-7_4_2_7. Post exploitation - Pillaging (certificate authority)
- BSAFSS-EN_3-2. Software protects and validates encryption keys
- SIG Core-I_3_2_4_2. Application security
- CASA-9_2_4. Server Communication Security
- 163. Insecure digital certificates
- 167. Insecure service configuration - Wireless Certificates
- 348. Insecure digital certificates - Lifespan
- 350. Insecure digital certificates - Chain of trust
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.