The organization must use certificates signed by valid external certification authorities when these are for external applications.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CAPEC™-94. Adversary in the middle (AiTM)
- CMMC-AC_L1-3_1_20. External connections
- HITRUST CSF-01_j. User authentication for external connections
- PTES-7_4_2_7. Post exploitation - Pillaging (certificate authority)
- OWASP MASVS-V5_4. Network communication requirements
- OWASP SAMM-OE_3. Mandate communication of security information and validate artifacts
- OWASP ASVS-9_2_1. Server communication security
- CASA-9_2_1. Server Communication Security
- 163. Insecure digital certificates
- 348. Insecure digital certificates - Lifespan
- 350. Insecure digital certificates - Chain of trust
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.