Access points must not use the factory-set IP address.
This requirement is verified in following services
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1031. Network intrusion prevention
- PA-DSS-6_1. The wireless technology must be implemented securely
- HITRUST CSF-09_m. Network controls
- ISO/IEC 27002-8_20. Network controls
- PTES-6_7_6_2. Exploitation - Proximity access (attacking the user)
- PTES-7_4_5_2. Post Exploitation - Pillaging (system configuration - configured wireless networks and keys)
- C2M2-9_2_c. Implement network protections for cybersecurity architecture
- PCI DSS-2_3_1. Wireless environments are configured and managed securely
- ISO/IEC 27001-8_20. Network controls
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.