The service process must have a root directory with access only to the necessary files.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CAPEC™-122. Privilege abuse
- Agile Alliance-11. Best architectures, requirements, and designs
- CERT-J-FIO00-J. Do not operate on files in shared directories
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1022. Restrict file and directory permissions
- SANS 25-8. Improper Limitation of a Pathname to a Restricted Directory ('Path Traversal')
- HITRUST CSF-01_v. Information access restriction
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.