Each port must have a maximum number of connections defined per source IP.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CIS-16_10. Apply secure design principles in application architectures
- OWASP TOP 10-A5. Security misconfiguration
- CMMC-AC_L1-3_1_20. External connections
- CMMC-SC_L2-3_13_7. Split tunneling
- HITRUST CSF-01_j. User authentication for external connections
- HITRUST CSF-01_l. Remote diagnostic and configuration port protection
- HITRUST CSF-01_n. Network connection control
- ISSAF-S_5_1. Web server security - Countermeasures (secure administrative access)
- PTES-7_7. Post Exploitation - Persistence
- NIST 800-171-1_20. Verify and control/limit connections to and use of external systems
- C2M2-9_3_d. Implement IT and OT asset security for cybersecurity architecture
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.