The system should use initialization vectors, nonces and other single use numbers only once with a given encryption key.
The system's cryptographic keys are essential for maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of transactions and communications. Some encryption mechanisms use initialization vectors to reduce the chances that a message will be decrypted. These vectors should be generated using cryptographically secure random number generators and should only be used once with a given encryption key.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-326. Inadequate encryption strength
- CERT-J-TSM02-J. Do not use background threads during class initialization
- CMMC-AC_L1-3_1_2. Transaction & function control
- CMMC-SC_L1-3_13_1. Boundary protection
- HITRUST CSF-09_y. On-line transactions
- HITRUST CSF-10_g. Key management
- ISO/IEC 27002-8_24. Use of cryptography
- OWASP ASVS-6_2_3. Algorithms
- OWASP ASVS-6_2_6. Algorithms
- ISO/IEC 27001-8_24. Use of cryptography
- CASA-6_2_3. Algorithms
- CASA-6_2_6. Algorithms
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.