Temporary passwords should be automatically and randomly generated.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-263. Password aging with long expiration
- CWE™-640. Weak password recovery mechanism for forgotten password
- NIST 800-63B-6_1_1. Binding at enrollment
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1027. Password policies
- CMMC-IA_L2-3_5_9. Temporary passwords
- HITRUST CSF-01_d. User password management
- OWASP SCP-3. Authentication and password management
- OWASP ASVS-2_3_1. Authenticator lifecycle
- SIG Core-H_3_1_9. Access control
- CASA-2_3_1. Authenticator Lifecycle
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.