To better manage all the vulnerabilities of a group, you can assign a treatment to each individual one as soon as they are reported. In order to do this click on a vulnerability, a window will appear where you can see detailed information about it and also a tab called Treatments
In this tab you will be able to assign a treatment for the selected vulnerability. The treatments available to you for handling vulnerabilities are the following:
- In progress: With this treatment you acknowledge the existence of the vulnerability and assign a treatment manager to it in order to ensure it is solved.
- Temporarily accepted: This treatment is used when you don't intend to give a solution to the vulnerability, but only temporarily, in which case you accept the risks that comes with it until a selected date.
- Eternally accepted: As with the previous treatment, this is used when you don't intend to solve the vulnerability, but this time you accept the risks that come with it eternally.
You will need to provide certain additional information about the vulnerability and its selected treatment, this information will differ slightly depending on which treatment is given:
- Treatment justification: Here you can state the reasons for giving this treatment to the selected vulnerability.
- Tags: Assign a label or labels to the vulnerability for an easier time managing and finding them.
- Level: You can use this field to assign a level of priority when solving vulnerabilities. It can be a number between 0 and 1,000,000,000 (one billion) that represents the severity of the vulnerability for the business. It can be a quantitative or monetary value.
- Treatment manager: This will be the user of the group in charge of making sure that the vulnerability receives a solution, which means this information is only given when the treatment assigned is In progress.
- Temporarily accepted until: This information is for when the treatment given is Temporarily accepted in order to know the number of days that you accept the risk of the vulnerability being open, when this time is over you will need to set the treatment once again.
There is also a special treatment that you can give to your vulnerabilities called Zero Risk, you can get more information about this treatment by clicking this link.