The system must never block a user account after one or several failed authentication attempts.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CAPEC™-2. Inducing account lockout
- CAPEC™-212. Functionality misuse
- CWE™-645. Overly restrictive account lockout mechanism
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1036. Account use policies
- CMMC-AC_L2-3_1_8. Unsuccessful logon attempts
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.