The system must not deploy temporary files to production environments.
Temporary files, at production scale, can have a hugely negative impact. Clearing out this files, no mater where they are located, is a good practice.
This requirement is verified in following services:
- CAPEC™-155. Screen temporary files for sensitive information
- NIST Framework-PR_DS-7. The development and testing environments are separate from the production environment
- CERT-J-FIO03-J. Remove temporary files before termination
- ISO/IEC 27002-8_25. Secure development lifecycle
- CWE-377. Insecure temporary file