The system must allow users to view and manually log out of any or all active sessions and devices.
Session tokens have associated permissions that allow any actor who possesses them to perform actions in a system. If a user leaves a session open and loses access to the device on which it resides, anyone with access to the device will be able to use that session. Therefore, the system should allow users to view and log out of any active session.
This requirement is verified in following services:
- NIST 800-63B-7_1. Session bindings
- OWASP TOP 10-A7. Identification and authentication failures
- FedRAMP-AC-2_5. Account management - Inactivity logout
- WASSEC-3_1. Session management capabilities
- OWASP Privacy Risks-P8. Missing or insufficient session expiration
- OWASP ASVS-3_3_4. Session termination
- SIG Core-H_3_1_17. Access control