The organization must remove file metadata before sharing it or making it public.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-1230. Exposure of sensitive information through metadata
- GDPR-25_1. Data protection by design and by default
- GDPR-R51. Protecting sensitive personal data
- OWASP TOP 10-A2. Cryptographic failures
- OWASP TOP 10-A3. Injection
- CMMC-AC_L1-3_1_22. Control public information
- HITRUST CSF-09_z. Publicly available information
- FedRAMP-AC-22. Publicly accessible content
- LGPD-7_X-3. Requirements for the Processing of Personal Data
- PTES-3_4_1_4_1. Corporate - Electronic (document metadata)
- PTES-3_4_1_5_7. Corporate - Infrastructure assets (application usage)
- PTES-5_3_1. Vulnerability analysis - Metadata
- SIG Lite-SL_79. Is a web site supported, hosted or maintained that has access to scoped systems and data?
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.