The system should regularly check DNS names and sub-domain names in use by the application for expiration or change. This helps protect applications from the effects of sub-domain takeover attacks.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-350. Reliance on reverse DNS resolution for a security-critical action
- ISO/IEC 27002-8_20. Network controls
- C2M2-9_2_g. Implement network protections for cybersecurity architecture
- ISO/IEC 27001-8_20. Network controls
- Resolution SB 2021 2126-Art_30_6. Security in Electronic Channels - Digital Banking
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.