Symmetric encryption should use a random IV (Initialization Vector) which should have the same length of the encryption key.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-1204. Generation of weak initialization vector (IV)
- HIPAA-164_312_a_2_iv. Encryption and decryption (addressable)
- HITRUST CSF-10_g. Key management
- FedRAMP-SC-12_2. Cryptographic key establishment and management - Symmetric keys
- ISO/IEC 27002-8_24. Use of cryptography
- ISO/IEC 27001-8_24. Use of cryptography
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.