The system must not allow password changes for a user if the new password matches one of the previous 5 passwords of the same user.
This requirement is verified in following services
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1027. Password policies
- CMMC-IA_L2-3_5_7. Password complexity
- HITRUST CSF-01_d. User password management
- ISA/IEC 62443-IAC-1_7. Strength of password-based authentication
- MVSP-2_4. Application design controls - Password policy
- OWASP MASVS-V4_5. Authentication and session management requirements - Password policy
- OWASP ASVS-2_1_10. Password security
- PCI DSS-8_3_7. A previously used password cannot be used to gain access to an account
- SIG Lite-SL_72. Is there a password policy for systems that transmit, process or store data that has been approved by management on all platforms?
- CWE™-521. Weak password requirements
- CASA-14_5_2. HTTP Request Header Validation
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.