Passwords are not allowed to be changed more than once in the same day.
This requirement is verified in following services
- CWE™-620. Unverified password change
- CWE™-640. Weak password recovery mechanism for forgotten password
- OWASP TOP 10-A7. Identification and authentication failures
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1027. Password policies
- MITRE ATT&CK®-M1036. Account use policies
- CMMC-AC_L2-3_1_8. Unsuccessful logon attempts
- CMMC-IA_L2-3_5_7. Password complexity
- HITRUST CSF-01_d. User password management
- FedRAMP-IA-5_1. Authenticator management - Password-based authentication
- ISA/IEC 62443-IAC-1_11. Unsuccessful login attempts
- OWASP SCP-3. Authentication and password management
- OWASP MASVS-V4_5. Authentication and session management requirements - Password policy
- SIG Lite-SL_72. Is there a password policy for systems that transmit, process or store data that has been approved by management on all platforms?
- OWASP ASVS-2_6_1. Look-up secret verifier
- OWASP API Security Top 10-API7. Security Misconfiguration
- CASA-2_6_1. Look-up Secret Verifier
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.