The containers executed in the application do not properly restrict the privileges of the users, executing tasks with root user instead of a custom user.
Gain total control of the container.
- Restrict the privileges of the user that execute instructions inside the container.
- Avoid the use of the root user as default user.
Authenticated attacker with local access to the container.
Expected Remediation Time
⌚ 15 minutes.
Default score using CVSS 3.1. It may change depending on the context of the src.
- Attack vector: L
- Attack complexity: L
- Privileges required: L
- User interaction: N
- Scope: U
- Confidentiality: L
- Integrity: L
- Availability: L
- Exploit code madurity: U
- Remediation level: O
- Report confidence: C
- Vector string: CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:L/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
- Base: 5.3
- Temporal: 4.6
- Base: Medium
- Temporal: Medium
- 095.Define users with privileges
- 096.Set user's required privileges
- 186.Use the principle of least privilege
Search for vulnerabilities in your apps for free with our automated security testing! Start your 21-day free trial and discover the benefits of our Continuous Hacking Machine Plan. If you prefer a full service that includes the expertise of our ethical hackers, don't hesitate to contact us for our Continuous Hacking Squad Plan.