Insecure connections from servers to the database. Encryption doesn't address all communications with the database, including transmissions from clients and transmissions from middle tiers.
- Data can be modified, replayed and no longer confidential. Also, lost packets can be detected.
- Sensitive information that travels over an intranet may be intercepted.
- Set up encrypted communications channels. Enable Oracle Database encryption for data that is sent over a network.
- Ensure that connections only come from a physically secure terminal, or from an application web server with a known IP address.
- In the case of a sensitive database, ensure that connections only come from certain points in the network.
Anonymous attacker from adjacent network.
Default score using CVSS 3.1. It may change depending on the context of the vulnerability.
- Attack vector: N
- Attack complexity: L
- Privileges required: N
- User interaction: N
- Scope: U
- Confidentiality: N
- Integrity: L
- Availability: N
- Exploit code madurity: X
- Remediation level: X
- Report confidence: X
- Vector string: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N/E:X/RL:X/RC:X
- Base: 5.3
- Temporal: 5.3
- Base: Medium
- Temporal: Medium